(http://xv4y NULL.radioclub NULL.asia/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/picoDX_cluster NULL.png) For professional reasons, I needed to start developing small Android Apps. In order to gain experience with this, I settled on a simple project for my own needs : a very lightweight DX cluster client. I found out this application may also interest other people, and I decided to offer it for download.
If there is enough interest, I will pay the necessary 25$ to Google and I will publish picoDX on the Play Store.
In order to use this program, your first have to allow your Android tab or phone to install packages from sources other than the Play Store. Go in Settings, Security and enable “Unknown sources / Allow installation of non-Market apps“. Then click on this download link and the package should be recognized and installed automatically (http://xv4y NULL.radioclub NULL.asia/ftp/picodx_132 NULL.apk). You can now install it on your Amazon Kindle directly from the Amazon apps store (http://www NULL.amazon NULL.com/XV4Y-picoDX/dp/B00JYSB3G4/).
(http://xv4y NULL.radioclub NULL.asia/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/picoDX_search NULL.png)picoDX relies on G7VJR DX Lite web site. It allows to choose the source from the DX cluster or the Skimmers, and provide call search and filtering by band.
If you find picoDX useful, please leave a comment so I can track users’ interest for it.
- 2014-04-24 : picoDX 1.1.0 now has localization in three languages (English, French and Spanish) and has an option to prevent the screensaver to run while using it.
- 2014-04-25 : picoDX 1.1.1 adds a “View all spots” button.
- 2014-04-26 : picoDX 1.1.2 has its own icon.
- 2014-04-28 : picoDX 1.1.3 supports Android down to v2.2.
- 2014-05-02 : picoDX 1.2.0 improves Android v2.2 support ands add DX For Me web cluster.
- 2014-05-02 : picoDX 1.3.0 adds DX Labs Spot Collector support.
- 2014-05-14 : picoDX 1.3.2 adds Full/Small display option to Spot Collector support.